Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com

Home
Calendar
Contact Us
Parish Life
Our Parish History
About Orthodoxy
Texts
Parish School
Driving Directions
Refernces
Membership Application
Sisterhood
Donations



Welcome to our Church!

Parish History

The foundation of our parish started on 16 June 1952 with blessing of Metropolitan Anastasy. The official being of the parish came on September of 1952.

First parish Temple was arranged in a building at 150 S. Alexandria Ave. However, our parish by 1964 grew so much already that the new Temple was not big enough to fit everyone. That was why it began necessary in September of 1964 to start looking for a more suitable building. Thus, an Old Catholic Church at 2041 Argyle Ave was acquired.

Solemn great blessing of the new Temple occurred on 4 June 1965. The blessing was done by First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia Metropolitan Philaret, Saint John of San Francisco and bishop of Edmonton Savva.


Icon of the day

Latest Posts

Schedule


On the map

Search Our Website
Welcome to our Parish

   Powered by Orthodox Web Solutions
 

Home | Back | Print | Top    

Mailing Address
2041 Argyle Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90068
Phone: 323-466-4845
Phone Numbers
Phone: 323-466-4845
Search Our Website